Cultivating Success in 2020 as a Freelance Expert
It’s finally January, the winter holidays are over, and people are looking forward to the opportunities that come with the start of a new year. TransPerfect knows that not everybody will create a vision board or write their goals on the bathroom mirror, but we want to assist you in kicking of this new decade right!
Use these tips to help frame a prosperous new year:
Back to Business
2019 was chock-full of cha-cha changes, and we want to make sure our relationship with you reflects that. Now is the perfect time to email your Vendor Management representative and update your contact information. More than ever, important information is being communicated via email or connected to physical addresses. Project Managers (PMs) often call with prospective projects, and if you want to receive those assignments, please make sure to keep your information up to date!
We, in turn, are constantly keeping you updated through TransPerfect’s HUB with Breaking News items, information on the Services we offer, and links to your necessary TransPerfect resources. Likewise, the positive feedback for TransPerfect’s Expert Learning Center has been phenomenal. Please keep the momentum going! Always be on the lookout for new e-classroom training offerings, Language Style Guides, and Between the Lines quarterly newsletters.
Globally, we have never been more technologically advanced, and TransPerfect is personally proud of Project Director (PD), our tool that makes claiming, tracking projects, and invoicing as easy as 1, 2, 3. We hope you continue to use this project management tool to its fullest capabilities. WordFast upgrades, Query Manager, TransStudioOnline (TSO), and Desktop Publishing online are just a few user-friendly features included on PD!
Fun fact: Many of our external freelance experts use PD to claim smaller projects and then leave blocks of time for wellness—such as walks, meal prep, or meeting a colleague for a cup of coffee!
Self-Care Isn't Just a Buzz Word
Speaking of wellness…TransPerfect is busier than ever, and that means more work for you! With growth and opportunity abound, it’s just as important to stop and smell the roses. Here are some simple things you can do to practice a healthy work-life balance:
- Don’t forget to make hydration a priority when working long hours for our big clients. Add fruits or vegetables to your water for extra flair.
- Thinking about getting back into the gym? Find a gym buddy and remember to start slow. Try speed walking on an incline for 20 minutes, a 15-minute yoga class, or finally carry all those accumulated gift boxes down the stairs. If you prefer to workout at home, invest in a reliable yoga mat, and find an online workout video that speaks to your style of movement.
- Put on a face mask and perform a mini spa session in between projects.
- Plan a spring garden. Winter will be over before you know it.
- Do some light reading. Check out TransPerfect’s Freelance Blog with posts written just for you.
- Update your 2020 calendar with all the conferences and TransPerfect office visits you want to prioritize this year.
Treat yourself. Invest in cozy, “work from home” loungewear and some signature business pieces for networking with other freelancers.
You’re Prepared – Now What?!
Tell a friend! Refer a winter college graduate or a colleague who took some time off to work with us today! We’re always hiring for internal and external positions. Just as our client list is growing, TransPerfect wants to continue to grow and invest in the global linguist community. Let’s start 2020 with new partnerships and a fresh perspective on how we will all continue to achieve success!