Your privacy is very important to us. This policy outlines who we are, what personal information we collect, how we use it, and how you may update your personal information.
We do not and will not sell your personal information. We also do not offer a financial incentive or price or service difference in exchange for the retention or sale of your personal information. We do not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data of European citizens or residents (“EU Personal Data”) is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (referred to herein as the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
TransPerfect Global, Inc., TransPerfect Translations International Inc., Translations.com and all of their affiliated and subsidiary entities (collectively, “TransPerfect”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is in receipt of your personal information pursuant to a contract or other agreement between TransPerfect and one of our clients or pursuant to information you have provided directly to us. This means that either our client or you, as applicable, is the data controller who determines the purposes and means by which TransPerfect, as data processor, processes your personal data, including sending to third party applications where required.
How do we process your personal data?
TransPerfect complies with its obligations under relevant data privacy laws, including the GDPR, by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Your personal data that was provided to TransPerfect will be stored in TransPerfect’s data centers in the United States and/or Europe for the purpose of providing you with access to our suite of services, technology platforms, and solutions.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide access to TransPerfect’s suite of services, technology platforms, and solutions
- To administer and manage user accounts and take action with respect to user accounts
- To provide user support
- To look into any complaints or questions you may raise
- To inform you of opportunities, events and activities we or the TransPerfect client are undertaking (e.g. upgrades, downtime, training, feedback)
- To update you on any changes or improvements in the technology products
- To gather business intelligence about usage trends which may be derived from personal information
- To transmit data directly to another data processor, to a client of TransPerfect or to a client of a TransPerfect client in connection with services being rendered to any such parties
What type of personal data do we have?
The personal data about you that we retain allows you to successfully work in our technology products and is usually limited to the following:
- Your name, email address, and a username if you are using one of our technology platforms,
- Your IP address,
- Your country of residence or time zone, and
- The company you are directly working for or providing services to while using one of our technology platforms.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We are processing your personal information under several legal bases, including because it is:
- necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- necessary for the performance of a contract between TransPerfect and you, TransPerfect and a TransPerfect client or between you and a TransPerfect client (e.g., to allow you to submit or execute projects using the technology products)
- necessary for our legitimate business interests (e.g., engaging with TransPerfect clients in order to satisfy contract requirements and for record keeping purposes)
- necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and/or
- pursuant to your consent
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only internally among TransPerfect employees and in certain limited circumstances, with third parties, such as other technology applications with respect to which TransPerfect’s client has directed TransPerfect to integrate.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for our ongoing business relationship and for record keeping purposes and in case of any legal claims or complaints.
Your rights and your personal data
Depending on your country and/or state of residence, as well as our relationship to you, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
The right to request a copy of your personal data which TransPerfect holds about you (for European or United Kingdom residents)
The right to know the categories and purposes of personal data that we collect about you (for California residents)
The right to request that TransPerfect corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date (for European or United Kingdom residents)
The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer legally necessary for TransPerfect to retain such data (for European, United Kingdom and California residents)
The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time (for European or United Kingdom residents)
The right to request that TransPerfect provide you, as the data subject, with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (for European, United Kingdom or California residents)
The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing (for European or United Kingdom residents)
The right to lodge a complaint with governmental agencies or Data Protection Authorities as provided for in the GDPR (for European or United Kingdom residents).
- To exercise your rights to data rectification, erasure, portability, access and/or restricted processing, please email email@example.com.
Storage of Data
Your personal data will be stored in TransPerfect’s data center in the United States. TransPerfect is a regular user of EU Model Clauses, including the EU’s standard contractual clauses, and is certified by Swiss-US Privacy Shield. TransPerfect complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data..
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact:
Data Privacy Officer
Europe: +48 (22) 104 2990
US/Global: +1 646.589.6769
To opt out of TransPerfect processing your personal data, visit TransPerfect’s Opt-Out Portal. Please note that if you opt-out, you will no longer have access to TransPerfect’s suite of services, technology platforms, and solutions.
To exercise your rights to data rectification, erasure, portability, access, and/or restricted processing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.