Location: Dublin, Ireland (or remote)
Duration: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Role: French Translator
MoGi Group (TransPerfect Gaming Division) is an award-winning multilingual video games services company dedicated to world-class translation, localization, player support, games testing, cybersecurity, tool development, art design, and community management services. Our successful community management and player support departments support countless exciting games and titles worldwide, helping developers to manage their communities in multiple languages, while our localization department helps bring games of all genres to the world in over 50 languages.
Are you looking to work on a wide range of exciting and diverse video games? Does your true passion lie in video games and online gaming? What if you could combine your hobby with your professional expertise?
Our localization department supports over 1,000 games developers across the globe. We’re currently looking for a dynamic addition to our team of over 350 in-house translators who can provide top class French translation/localization in a fast-paced and active environment.
- Translating and/or proofreading texts into French
- Performing quality assurance on translated materials
- Performing translation memory maintenance
- Performing term base creation
- Evaluating the work performance of interns
- Localization testing
Ideal candidates will have:
- At least one to two years’ experience as a professional translator
- A native level of French with excellent oral and written skills
- A strong proficiency in the English language
- A keen interest in gaining more experience, particularly in translating and proofreading video gaming subjects
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Language Studies or Localization
- Proficiency in CAT tools (MemoQ, SDL Trados)
- Experience in the localization/video games industry
- Strong computer and desktop publishing skills
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making abilities, and lateral thinking capacity to readily offer clients innovative solutions
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging gaming projects
- The chance to work closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- A competitive salary
- Valuable and transferable work experience in the games industry
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
Interested? We want to hear from you!
Apply with your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org