Location: Barcelona, Spain; Dublin, Ireland; Sao Paolo, Brazil; Sofia, Bulgaria
Duration: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Role: Character Modeller
MoGi Group (TransPerfect Gaming Division) is an award-winning multilingual video game services provider specializing in localization, player support, community management, ethical penetration testing, gaming and admin tool development, and much more. We work with a large number of gaming developers and publishers across the globe, helping them to introduce their games to newer markets and wider audiences worldwide.
We are searching for an extremely skilled and talented character modeller to join our team as we continue to work on the next top grossing blockbuster hits on mobile, PC, console, and VR/AR! You will be responsible for creating high quality and detailed character models for our varied projects ranging in a variety of artistic styles.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of human anatomy, expertise in sculpting and 3D modelling and how it translates to rigging, an excellent working knowledge of the latest cutting edge industry tools and technology, as well as a deep understanding of the technical requirements for games.
- Sculpting artistically appealing and technically sound characters, working closely with the Art Director in order to balance artistic quality and project technical specifications
- Utilizing a strong understanding of anatomy, modelling, sculpting and texturing in order to work from concept art, scan data or scratch as needed
- Creating clean and efficient low-poly topology, UVs and textures that meet project requirements
- Keeping a consistent balance between quality and efficiency while working under tight deadlines, ensuring all deadlines are met on time
- Working in a variety of artistic styles ranging from realistic to stylized
- Actively improving skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of game development experience, specifically creating real time characters using
- Maya, ZBrush and Substance (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Exceptional understanding of human/creature anatomy, proportion, shape language, detailed clothing, surface properties and colour theory
- Solid foundation in traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, illustration, sculpting and conceptual design
- Demonstrated proficiency with current shader techniques and PBR workflows
- Strong understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Basic understanding of rigging, animation and deformation
- Facial blendshape creation experience desired
- Experience with Marvelous Designer preferred
- A native level of English
- Self-driven with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative, team-player attitude: open & receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes
- Experience working with and implementing 3D assets into a game engine a plus
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging gaming projects
- Competitive salary
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
Please include portfolio samples (link or PDF – online preferred) that represent the range of your skills. Portfolios should include low and high poly samples, organic and hard surface game assets and some non-game art as well, if possible. Please be sure that these samples have been cleared for release by their respective copyright owners. Examples that show a diverse range a plus (stylized to hyper real). Generally, 12 to 15 pieces are a good sample. Our preference is an online portfolio.
Interested? We want to hear from you! Apply with your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org