TransPerfect’s Vendor Experience is kicking off its "Case in Point" series on client success stories with the prominent hotel brand Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. By reflecting on client success stories and the practical ways they came to fruition, we hope to give our veteran freelancers, potential experts, and clients interested in working with TransPerfect a peek behind the curtain. We look forward to showcasing how we remain the most viable option now and in the future as a language service provider (LSP) who continues to provide and craft curated service on multiple levels.
TransPerfect Understood the Assignment
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s requirements included:
- Increase booking
- Transform existing digital platforms into an integrated online booking experience that has multilingual, multinational, and multicultural capability
- Build a system that is easily supported and updated long-term
When quoting and consulting, TransPerfect’s VP of Strategic Accounts, EMA, Dan O’ Sullivan noted two critical points of information and built upon them to successfully support the hotel group:
- Mandarin Oriental has properties in at least 21 countries
- It was going to be necessary to localize in a sufficient number of languages to support the 21 countries fully
“Translating” websites was not enough to meet the brief for Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Realistically, supporting guests from multiple markets worldwide requires cultural consultation, which TransPerfect quoted and provided as part of this project. In addition, during a review of Mandarin Oriental’s existing digital platforms, TransPerfect was honest that the content, not just the effectiveness of their booking experience, needed to be updated to truly set the hotel group up for success. TransPerfect provided a plan and resources to improve and change their online content.
By enhancing digital content and ensuring sufficient language and cultural understanding during the booking process, we were able to support Mandarin Oriental’s vision of creating an online environment where guests can enjoy their experience even before they set foot in one of the luxurious properties.
Meeting the Brief
TransPerfect used its 25+ years of experience to curate a strategy that seamlessly addressed digital experiences for Mandarin Oriental’s guests using multiple factors:
Quality freelance collaborations:
- TransPerfect partners with regional freelance experts who eat, live, and breathe the specific markets Mandarin Oriental desired to connect with. Adhering to ISO quality standards, we collaborated authentically on content creation and translation needs. Using our Project Director technology, we seamlessly connected with freelance experts in the requested markets and confirmed them for multiple phases of this project.
- TransPerfect sales representatives worked one-on-one with internal project managers during this project to address questions specific to each market throughout the project’s life cycle. Our commitment also lasts into the future with the understanding the need to stay responsive within this fast-paced transformative industry.
- GlobalLink integrated with the existing Mandarin Oriental structure to create a responsive and localized digital experience for guests. Improving SEO made it easier for guests to find Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group online, and linguistic accuracy solidified a user-friendly experience that encourages repeat customers because of ease of use. These tech solutions made digital accessibility feel just as luxurious as the brand.
Cost over time:
- By ensuring that the digital platforms we created for Mandarin Oriental can be updated in real time as the tourism and hospitality industry changes, we are saving our client money in the long term.
Time and care:
- Working out a timeline with Mandarin Oriental, TransPerfect’s goal was simple: promise and deliver. With all our valued clients, we quote enough time to promise quality while working efficiently to shorten timelines without compromising quality. We understand that in today's tourism market, client and customer demands can be immediate, and we are committed to creating solutions that are always time-sensitive.
The First of Many Success Stories
We encourage our audience to check out more about this success story on our official TransPerfect page, which includes a comprehensive video.
None of this would be possible without our freelance collaborators. We honor their continued partnership with us by providing relevant training, investing in and creating the latest tech solutions, and trusting them with our valued clients’ projects and goals. Becoming a TransPerfect client means having industry leaders on your team. Becoming a TransPerfect collaborator means having the leading translation firm as your resource and connecting with high-profile clients and projects.
We take pride in our dedication and uniquely crafted services for businesses, government contracts, and pro bono causes, especially during uncertain times. We look forward to sharing more successful collaboration deep dives soon.